The classical concert in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra will take place at Waldbühne Berlin on August 17, 2019, conducted by Daniel Barenboim. This traditional open-air event also marks another anniversary—serving as a prelude to the Beethoven Year 2020, in which the music world will celebrate the composer’s 250th birthday. Enjoy the program, performed in a breathtaking outdoor setting and entirely dedicated to the music of Beethoven: with the composer’s Violin Concerto, featuring Michael Barenboim as the soloist, and his Seventh Symphony.
To make sure you will have a safe and unforgettable concert, we have enhanced our safety measures and entrance controls.
For safety reasons as well as to accelerate the access controls, we only allow the following items:
- bag or backpack up to a maximum size of DIN A4 (21,0 x 29,7 cm)
- one non-alcoholic drink per person up to 0.5 litres in a Tetra Pak or plastic bottle (PET)
- a cushion and blanket
The following items may not be brought to the Waldbühne Berlin:
- bag or backpack larger than DIN A4 (21,0 x 29,7 cm)
- bulky items of any kind (suitcases, baskets, helmets, buggies, stick umbrellas, selfie sticks etc.)
- food and snacks
- technical devices except mobile phones (i.e. notebooks, tablets, cameras, any audio- or video recording devices)
It is allowed to bring necessary medical devices and substances. In this case, please use the entrance for wheelchair users (at the right from the main entrance) and show corresponding proof to the security staff.